Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Singaw or Canker Sore

I had a small revelations today. It's so funny that at the age of 27, ngayon ko lng nalaman na ang English word for "singaw or ung sugat sa loob ng bibig usually sa gums" is "Canker sore". It just so happen that for 2 days, I am painfully suffering from this wound in my tongue which occurs due to my accidental biting of it. Never noticed it on the first place until I had a hard time eating and biting foods. And when I looked in the mirror, I saw a small red spot wound on top of my left part of the tongue. And according to wikipedia a canker sore or " An aphthous ulcer (aka canker sore) is a type of oral ulcer which presents as a painful open sore inside the mouth or upper throat, caused by a break in the mucous membrane. The condition is also known as aphthous stomatitis, and alternatively as "Sutton's Disease," especially in the case of multiple or recurring ulcers.The term aphtha means ulcer; it has been used for many years to describe areas of ulceration on mucous membranes. Aphthous stomatitis is a condition which is characterized by recurrent discrete areas of ulceration which are almost always painful. Recurrent aphthous stomatitis (RAS) can be distinguished from other diseases with similar-appearing oral lesions, such as certain viral exanthems or Herpes simplex, by their tendency to recur, and their multiplicity and chronicity. Recurrent aphthous stomatitis is one of the most common oral conditions. At least 10% of the population suffers from it. Women are more often affected than men. About 30–40% of patients with recurrent aphthae report a family history". You can read more at this path: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphthous_ulcer.
And that's what I found when my curiosity triggered and searched it on the net. Sometimes when you cannot think of something or cure for this singaw thing (though for this instant, I already know some medicine or alternative medicine to cure it, but the problem is I do not have it right now, and I do not know if there is "tawas" or "Bactidol" here in America. All I know is back in the Philippines we have this tawas or Alum or Aluminum Hydroxide and bactidol we usually used whenever we had this singaw.), all you can do to immediately ease the pain is go to Mr. Google and search for the treatment. Like what I did. hehe... And now, not only I learned the english term for it but also the possible causes, symptoms and treatment.
So for the moment, I will continue using mouthwash as it helps in the prevention of this singaw thing and hopefully after 3-4 days which is still too long for me, it will eventually healed. I cannot eat well eh. hehehe.... that's all.. Godbless.

1 comment:

AmyFan4ever said...

grabe huhu ako eto nag susuffer din ng canker sores, and guess what 5 canker sore inside my mouth at ang labi ko swollen na din cguro kasi sa dami ng singaw sa loob ng bibig ko...ive been suffering for 3 days now bactidol, dequadin, amoxixillin pero di pa din nag wowork....ang hirap di na ako halos nakain sinabayan na din ako ng tonsilitis:(...puro gatas nalang naiinom ko ala na solid.Baka mag pa asero na ako kasi nanghihina na ako.